If there's one bag brand that's showing up everywhere, it's Michael Kors. And no one can get enough. The American label's tote bags have been spotted adorning the arms of Selena Gomez, Jessica Alba, Blake Lively and Miranda Kerr, to name just a few. With shiny hardware, practical compartments and available in an array of hues, these spacious totes are guaranteed to confirm once and for all your obsession with Michael Kors.
The Michael Kors Tote Buying Guide
Michael Kors delivers the sophisticated glamour and timeless style the American label is renowned for with its range of totes. From practical totes detailed with tassels to spacious designs crafted from signature saffiano leather and logo-print coated canvas, Michael Kors bags will make you feel polished and pulled together at a moment’s notice. Ahead, take a look at our Micheal Kors tote buying guide, which will help you narrow down the bag that works best for you, as well as tips on how to care for it properly.
The Most Wanted Michael Kors Totes
Michael Kors Jet Set Totes
The Michael Kors Jet Set Tote has a spacious interior that fits everything you need for the day, like your purse, sunglasses case and phone. Crafted from Saffiano leather, the sleek design is accented with a gold-tone logo and hanging ‘MK’ detail. Available in a wide range of colors, it closes with a top zip fastening to keep essentials secure.
Michael Kors Voyager Totes
Crafted from textured crossgrain leather, Michael Kors’ Voyager Tote offers form and function in equal amounts. Accented with refined gold-tone hardware, this sophisticated tote bag features two adjustable shoulder straps and multiple pockets. Choose from muted hues like black, tan and navy, as well as bolder options in red and logo print.
Michael Kors Bedford Totes
An essential for daily commutes or long-haul flights, the Michael Kors Bedford Tote is made from supple pebbled leather and subtle hardware for an understated look. There are four exterior pockets for smaller essentials, and a spacious interior to house a laptop or umbrella.
How To Care For Your Michael Kors Tote
To prolong the life of your bag, we recommend the following care and maintenance tips:
- To keep the original shape, do not overload your bag
- Avoid contact with rough or abrasive materials
- To clean your Michael Kors tote, use the brand’s Leather Cleaner on saffiano or pebbled leather styles. It can be worked into the leather to preserve and polish, but should not be used on suede or nubuck leathers.
- To lengthen the life of your bag and protect its appearance from water, the brand’s Rain & Stain Protector can be used on leather, suede and fabric products.
- Store your bag when not in use in a dust bag and box, away from direct heat and sunlight.
- How can I spot if my Michael Kors tote is fake?
The only way to avoid unwittingly purchasing a counterfeit product is to buy from Michael Kors retail or outlet stores, or from authorized department stores, retailers and specialty stores. However, there are some tell-tale signs when a Michael Kors bag is a fake:
- Michael Kors expertly crafts each of its products from premium materials, and therefore if a tote is made from poor quality fabrics or features uneven stitching and discolored hardware, it is likely to be a counterfeit.
- Saffiano leather is used across the brand’s collections, and is chosen for its durability and distinctive cross-hatched finish. Your bag could be fake if it states that it is made from saffiano leather, but instead the leather is smooth or unstructured. It’s worth noting that not every Michael Kors bag is made from this type of leather, and it is usually indicated on the bag’s care label or within the individual product description.
- The logo featured on a Michael Kors bag will be either the ‘MK’ in a circle logo or the ‘Michael Kors’ logo. If your bag is real, the logo will use heavy, substantial hardware and be perfectly centered.
- What is the warranty on my Michael Kors tote?
Michael Kors totes are made with a great deal of care and attention, and defects are rare, but all of the brand’s bags carry a two-year limited warranty from the date of purchase. This covers bags that are bought in Europe from a Michael Kors retail or online store, and proof of purchase is required.
If there are any variations in color and texture on Michael Kors totes that are crafted from premium tanned leather, it is worth noting that this is a natural occurrence and a rich and unique patina will develop over time. This is not a manufacturing defect.
If any alterations or repairs have been made by anyone other than the brand, this will not be covered by the warranty. Damages caused by misuse, accidents or dye transference are also not included.
- Are Michael Kors totes made from leather?
Most Michael Kors bags are made from leather, including pebbled, burnished, quilted and saffiano. Some of the brand’s bags are also made from coated canvas and feature an instantly recognizable all-over logo print.