Michael Kors is an iconic American designer known for pioneering the traditions of contemporary American sportswear. Since bursting onto the fashion scene in 1981, his label has taken the world by storm with its luxurious appeal and irresistible wearability. Up the style stakes with this must-have range of Michael Kors backpacks. Featuring sleek leather pieces, stud-embellished panels and eye-catching logo hardware, these designs are perfect for an everyday city-cool look.
The Michael Kors Backpack Buyer's Guide
As an award-winning designer of ready-to-wear and world-renowned accessories, Michael Kors has a range of backpacks in laid-back yet luxurious styles for urban women. Quilted leather backpacks, zip backpacks, and pebbled leather bags all make for convenient luggage for those longer journeys. They also provide easy organization for anyone living a busy city lifestyle. Continue reading to find out how to care for your Michael Kors Backpack, the most popular designs, and FAQ. With this info at your disposal, hopefully, you'll be able to make a more informed purchasing decision.
The Most Wanted Michael Kors Backpacks
Michael Kors Rhea Backpacks
The classic Rhea backpack embraces simple design with high-quality materials. This range boasts Michael Kors's renowned logo-printed canvas, high-shine hardware, and smooth leather trimmings. There are two front zip compartments and several slip pockets, making it easy to store small electronics and your daily essentials. The Rhea backpack is available in a range of timeless colors with a choice of either gold or silver metalware.
Michael Kors Viv Backpacks
The streamlined shape of these backpacks, combined with the woven leather handle, makes for a beautiful accessory. With a range of bold and exciting colors and finishes, you're sure to turn a few heads. The Viv backpack is complete with two side zips, which allows for easy access, and the adjustable straps ensure comfortable wearing. This bag is a faithful companion for both day and night time excursions. The polyester lining provides the perfect cushion for your purse, keys, and phone. Plus, you can choose from either a soft pebbled leather finish or a printed canvas one.
Michael Kors Toby Backpacks
This sporty, simple design suits an array of functions. With convenient storage space for laptops in its inner compartment and exterior zip pockets for smaller stow-away items, this backpack is nothing short of versatile. Available in Michael Kors' signature printed canvas or smooth leather finish, the choice is yours.
A Sizing Guide to Michael Kors Backpacks
Backpacks are sized differently depending on their style and range. However, the popular Rhea backpack at its medium size is 9.5” W x 12.5” H x 5” D and includes a back zip and slip pocket, four front slip pockets, and a main center compartment.
Whereas, the mini features two front zip compartments, a back, and front slip pocket and a main compartment at 6.25” W x 7.5” H x 2.75” D.
The larger backpacks, like the Viv leather backpack, are 11” W x 8” H x 4.75” D with two side zippers and one single main storage space.
How to Care for Your Michael Kors Bags
Michael Kors bags are high-quality, luxury accessories that will last you for many years (providing you care for them correctly).
Carefully read the care instructions included with your bag and follow this advice when cleaning your backpack:
• Remove surface dirt by dampening a clean microfiber cloth with warm water. Gently wipe the leather in the direction of its grain. Let the bag sit for several minutes until dry.
• Clean off any stains and oil build-up by applying a small amount of leather cleaner to a damp clean cloth. Never use the leather cleaner directly on the backpack’s surface. Rub the detergent in a gentle, circular motion. Pay special attention to the handles. Then, remove the leather cleaner with a clean damp cloth. Repeat on tougher stains, but be careful only to apply gentle pressure.
• To clean Michael Kors' signature lining, turn the bag inside-out and remove any dirt and debris. Drag the lining away from the leather and place the bag on a towel. Dampen a sponge and dab lightly with a small amount of fabric cleaner until fully saturated. Leave the bag open to dry.
• Polish the metal hardware with a damp melamine foam eraser. Lightly buff, including Michael Kors' signature logo, and avoid contact with the leather.
If your bag is made from embossed or metallic leather, be very careful when applying leather cleaner. Too much pressure may remove the finish. Use a smaller concentration of product with very light pressure. After the bag's dried, you can repeat the process on tougher stains.
- How Can I Tell if a Michael Kors Bag is Authentic?
Michael Kors bags are recognizable by their overall quality, stitching, and leather. But, there are a few other ways to tell if a backpack is authentic:
• Many Michael Kors bags are made with signature Saffiano leather. This is calf's leather with a subtle criss-cross pattern that's pressed on by a machine. An original Michael Kors will feel structured and rigid and have a slight gloss to it. Whereas counterfeits tend to feel soft and floppy.
• Authentic Michael Kors bags are only sold via trusted, authorized retailers. If you've purchased your backpack through Michael Kors' website, Nordstrom or Saks Fifth Avenue, you can be sure it's a real model.
• Michael Kors bags have two official logos. One is the expanded designer name, the other is the circle emblem of MK. The extended version should be precisely cut with sharp-edges, and letters should be evenly spaced. Fake versions tend to protrude from the leather more. Whereas, authentic logos are embedded into the leather and are perfectly centered. Logo hardware should also feel heavy and substantial, not like coated plastic.
- What are Michael Kors Bags Made of?
All backpacks are made from carefully selected and high-quality materials. Michael Kors is famous for its use of real Saffiano leather made of calfskin.
Other bags are coated with a twill exterior and come with a 100% polyester lining. Details consist of leather straps and golden-toned hardware.
- How Much are Michael Kors Rhea Backpacks?
Prices vary depending on style and material. But, the popular Rhea backpacks range from $230 to $420.