The Clarks Boots Buying Guide
Add to your footwear collection with the Lyst edit of Clarks boots. Win style points with Clarks Originals heritage cool range featuring the signature crepe sole 'try desert boots in traditional suede hues or updated with a Union Jack print or a wedge heel. Classic leather knee-high boots are the shortcut to easy, timeless style.
Step into the new season with Clarks boots. The footwear brand has become a household name since starting life in 1825 in Somerset. It’s dominated the market, crafting shoes known for their all-day comfort and lasting durability. From ankle boots to lace-ups, the brand draws inspiration from the catwalk, to create styles that touch on the latest looks but will still be relevant in seasons to come. Combining comfort, style and longevity, each pair is made with premium materials and features one of Clarks’ innovative midsoles for added cushioning and bounce. Read on for our Clarks boots buying guide, which will help you narrow down the styles that work best for you, find your size, and learn how to care for your shoes.
The Most Wanted Clarks Boots
Clarks Desert Trek Boots
The classic Desert Trek boot has a cowhide suede upper and comes in a simple lace-up shape. The crepe rubber sole adds a relaxed feel to the smart design and the Clarks logo sits on the heel. This style features a cushioned insole to keep you comfortable on the move.
Clarks Wallabee Boots
The Wallabee is executed in a timeless Chukka boot shape with a square toe. Tonal stitching adds a sophisticated finish to the upper, which is crafted in a choice of smooth leather or supple suede. A chunky rubber sole completes the everyday style.
Clarks Taylor Shine Chelsea Boots
An versatile everyday essential the Taylor Shine Chelsea boot features a polished leather upper with an elasticated gusset on the side. It has a heel pull tab for easy on and off in a matching tone. This style sits on a CushionSoft™ midsole, made up of foam layers that adapt to your foot and tread.
The Clarks Boots Size Guide
Clarks boots run true to size for both men and women, so there’s no need to size up or down. You can use the size chart below to find your appropriate conversion. For example, if you usually wear a UK size 4, choose an EU size 37. Half sizes are available, so you can find the perfect fit. If you have wide feet, Clark has created a range of wide-fit shoes and boots, designed to provide comfort and support.
|Clarks UK Size||Clarks EU Size||Standard EU Size||Foot Length (Millimetres)|
How To Care For Your Clarks Boots
Clarks is known and loved for crafting shoes using premium quality fabrics and crafting techniques. Each pair is made to last for seasons to come, however, to keep them looking their best, you should take appropriate care of them. The brand has created a collection of footwear care products for this purpose.
- Keep suede, fabric and synthetic boots clean using the Active Foam Cleanser. This is a mild formula, made to remove ingrained dirt without compromising the fabric makeup. For leather styles, use the Moisture Balm Cream, which is formulated to clean leather while nourishing it, preventing it from cracking.
- After cleaning, you can refresh the surface of your shoes with Clarks restoration formulas. Choose the Shumagic stick to restore colour to leather designs and disguise scuffs. This comes in a range of shades to match your shoes. The Matt Leather Restorer is designed to refresh wax and oily leathers, while the Patent Leather Restorer works on high-shine patent designs. After restoring them, add a Protector spray. This forms a film over the surface of your shoes, keeping them waterproof and preventing liquids from staining them.
- Between cleaning, you can keep your boots shiny with a polish. The Polishing Cream comes in a choice of formulas specifically for smooth, grained or delicate leathers. Use a soft bristled brush to buff up the surface of the leather or your shoes before wearing them. This cream also helps to keep your shoes water resistant and prevents them from staining.
- Polishing Cream – in smooth, grained and delicate finishes – helps resist rain and stain
- If your laces are looking worn out, replace them with a new set from Clarks. The brand also sells a range of insoles to add extra support and heel clips to alter the fit of your shoes as necessary.
- Are Clarks boots comfortable?
Clark is known for its innovation with midsoles. The Cloudstepper collection in particular is designed with comfort in mind. Each pair in the range features an Ortholite footbed. Other styles from the brand feature its unique Cushion Soft™ midsole, which uses rebound foam for added cushioning. The Cloud Plus™ midsole is a lightweight option, which cushions with dual density pads.
- Are Clarks boots waterproof?
Clarks boots crafted with Gore-Tex fabrics, like the Orinoco Boot, are weatherproof. This unique material adds a water- and wind-proof membrane to the shoe, making it ideal for walking. Other pieces, such as the Tri Path Boot, use C-Shell material, which keeps water out, whilst allowing heat to escape.
- Are Clarks boots good for walking?
Clarks has developed a collection of boots specifically for walking and hiking. Styles such as the Ashcombe or Tri Path booth have padded collars for ankle support and rubber pods for grip. The brand developed a Trigenic System, which reacts to your gait and is flexible, providing comfort and stability on long treks.